Food waste occurs throughout the year, but is even more intensified during the holidays. According to FAO, taking measures to reduce food loss and waste is essential for the transition to sustainable agrifood systems that make more efficient use of natural resources, reduce their impact on the planet and ensure food security and nutrition. Now, what can you do to fight it?
- Plan your dinner and adjust quantities based on the number of guests.
- Choose “ugly” fruits and vegetables, so they don’t end up in the garbage just because they don’t meet certain aesthetic criteria.
- Insist that your friends and family take their leftovers home.
- Store leftovers in the freezer so you can enjoy them later. Do you have doubts about what you can freeze? Here is some help.
- Use leftovers to make recipes and give a new life to your food. Click here if you are looking for inspiration!
According to FAO data, one third of everything we produce worldwide ends up in the garbage. Be part of the change and join us! Share this information with more people.