Particularly the know-how developed by cities around the world. A physical and technological space for sharing knowledge, policies and actions on nutrition, food, urban–rural relations, climate change, healthy and locally-sourced food, gender, food waste and other issues related with urban food systems.
A meeting point for seeking and identifying exemplary initiatives and good practices. A centre for gathering, classifying and exchanging information and knowledge on local and regional policies geared to sustainable food systems.
- Analysis and tracking of results
- Connecting public and private entities with development centres.
- Tracking and monitoring projects that can be replicated and tailored to different environments.
- Participation in major databases.
- Contact with research centres.
- Access to the files and public documentation of United Nations agencies related to these fields.
- Preparation and archiving of reports and documentation containing guidelines for public administrations, the private sector and civil society in regard to the various issues concerning structures for the correct development of sustainable local food systems.
Disseminating and raising awareness about all issues related to food, nutrition, the fight against hunger, climate change and sustainable local food systems both in València and any other city in the world.
- Communication, dissemination and awareness-raising.
- Fairs, exhibitions, congresses.
- Creation of material and content for the media and public opinion.
- Dissemination of data, success stories and failures.
These two lines of action will be carried out in a daily work dynamic that will require regular contact with FAO, with cities around the world and with foundations, universities and public administrations. Both for research and communication reasons.