Knowledge management of projects, programmes, strategies and actions for sustainable food. Especially those which are developed by cities around the world. Meeting point for the search and identification of exemplary initiatives and good practices. Centre for the collection, cataloguing and exchange of information and knowledge on local and regional policies on sustainable food systems.
- Analysis and monitoring of results.
- Connecting public and private institutions with research centres.
- Monitoring and tracking of transferable projects suitable for different environments.
- Participation in large databases.
- Contact with research centres.
- Access to public archives and documentation from United Nations agencies related with these topics.
Preparation and archiving of reports and guidance documents for local authorities, the private sector and civil society on the various topics that make up the structures for the proper development of sustainable local food systems:
Human rights Nutrition Climatic change Health Gender Economy
- Communication, dissemination and awareness-raising.
- Samples, exhibitions, congresses.
- Production of materials and content for the media and public opinion.
- Dissemination of data, success stories and failures.
These two lines of action will be carried out in a daily work dynamic that will require regular contact with FAO, with cities around the world and with foundations, universities and public administrations. Both for research and communication reasons.