World Sustainable Urban Food Centre of València
CEMAS’ goal is to transform the city into a permanent national and international leading light in the field of healthy and sustainable urban food. To do this, it is activating projects and actions from within its structure and in cooperation with the institutions and agencies it considers appropriate.
The presidency of the WSFC is entrusted to the Mayor of Valencia.
The presidency is entrusted to the Mayor of Valencia. The Governing Board oversees the proper development of the actions, ensures the correct management of the entity and enables, through contacts or collaborations, the adequate execution of each project or action. Meanwhile, the Advisory Board issues reports and promotes partnerships and knowledge exchange initiatives, among other responsibilities.
The keynote of the Centre’s management is its capacity to design, raise funding and oversee the successful achievement of its purpose.
We must differentiate the two funding lines which the Centre requires:
There are two different lines of funding:
- Regular public funding for the maintenance of the entity’s structure: staff, equipment and maintenance.
- Agreements, partnerships and collaborations for projects, events, exhibitions, informative material, grants and actions, in coordination with other United Nations agencies, cities and public and private entities.
The World Sustainable Food Centre (WSFC) Organigram
Mayor of Valencia
FAO Technical Secretariat
- Head office of the FAO Partnerships and Cooperation Division
- Strategic programmes
- Mayor of Valencia
- Councillor for Agriculture at Valencia City Council
- Councillor for Trade at Valencia City Council
- Councillor for Health at Valencia City Council
- Two representatives from Valencia City Council
- One representative from the Valencia Regional Government
- One representative from the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation
- One representative from the European Union
Secretary to the Director-General
- Cities and city networks
- Knowledge and research centres
- Cataloguing, monitoring and tracking
- Creation of informative and descriptive contents
- Archiving systems
- Data location systems
- Big data
- Press releases
- Communication strategy
- Relations with mainstream and specialist media
- Press, radio, TV and international websites
- Legal and tax affairs
- National and international agreements
- Preparation of the annual management report